Pommes Initial p.b.r.
Presentation of the variety
- Maturity time Early, 1 week before Gala, to be harvested in several passes
- Fruit size Good size
- Attractiveness and colouring Attractive fruit, 3/4 red on yellow background
- Storage Satisfactory for an early variety – 1.5 months in normal cold storage
- Gustative quality Crunchy and juicy fruit, slightly acidic, fragrant.
- Vigor Medium vigour
- Flowering time Golden Delicious time
- Disease Resistant to common races of scab
- Productivity Good and regular
Variety well adapted to temperate zones (North of the Loire) and to medium altitude. Variety easy to grow : little pruning and thinning, reduced phytosanitary treatments.