Pommes STORY® Inored p.b.r.
Presentation of the variety
Breeder: INRAE & NOVADI
- Maturity time 25 days after Golden Delicious (late September, early October)
- Fruit size Medium size, very uniform, good load distribution
- Attractiveness and colouringVery attractive fruit, intense red colouring washed over most of the fruit, 3/4 to 4/4 overprint on yellow background. The colour can darken to almost black when picked late. Fruit without russetting
- Storage Very good, 8 months in normal cold storage (3°C)
- Gustative quality High taste potential, very firm fruit, high sugar level, well balanced fruit. IR=12-15, ac.mal=5,5-8
- Vigour Medium vigour, strong branching
- Growth habit Open tree
- Flowering time Golden time
- Disease Resistant to common strains of scab. May be susceptible to powdery mildew.
- Productivity Early fruiting. Good productivity, no alternation. Requires good thinning. Pay attention to the second flowering.
Fertile variety very well adapted to southern regions. Tolerates well chemical thinning. Very good production potential, good taste and exceptional shelf life.
Specific marketing approach for this variety: provision of the STORY® logo by NOVADI.